Welcome to Mark Jones Harness Racing Stables
Mark Jones continues to do the best for his owners with track and beach training at his Canterbury bases, while last year he set up a satellite Menangle stable in New South Wales to maximise best owner returns.
He’s racked up another 40 wins in NZ this term, taking his NZ tally to 516 winner of over $5.1 million in earnings, while Delightful Memphis, Rocker Band and The Bus, after earlier making their names in NZ, have been his main pacing flag-bearers at Menangle.
Mark earlier prepared NZ trot star Master Lavros, the very talented but injury-plagued dual gaited performer Saveapatrol, and former star age group trotter Shezoneoftheboyz.
He’s also had many other nice horses through the barn, including big Australian winner Cruz Bromac (p3, 1:51.6, 1:50.7) and multiple Australian Oaks winning filly, Itz Nosurprisesthere, winner of the 2013 NSW, Queensland and Tasmanian Oaks.
After conquering the world stage as a driver in 2003, Mark Jones has applied the same determination and skills to reach the top as a trainer.
This website is here for you to learn more about Mark Jones Racing, his horses, and his staff. Please come back often for regular updates, including comments about his upcoming drives
Mark Jones Inside Word
- NZ Metro TC-Albion Park-Menangle-Albion Park, July 20-21
- Menangle & Forbury Park TC, July 17-19
- Menangle-Albion Park-Ashburton TC, July 14-15
- Forbury-NZ Metro-Albion Park, July 12-13
- Menangle NSW, Tuesday, July 10
- NZ Met, Forb, Albion Park, Menangle, Rangiora, July 5-8
- Forb, Add, Timaru, Menangle, June 28-July 1
- Bathurst NSW, Wednesday, June 27
- Menangle NSW, Tuesday, June 26
- Marlborough HRC, Sunday, June 24
- Penrith-Marlborough-Menangle, June 21-23
- Rocker Band shoots for a second Group one
- Amberley runners
- Cromwell runners
- Timaru runners
Mark Jones Latest News
- Tres Vite holds as favourite but spell likely
- Trans-Tasman wins continue for owners
- Fancy Woman kicked off top few days for owner
- Penalty-free win first-up for owners
- Cambridge Jewels 2020 locked in
- Ex-Overport Lodge qualifier wins Len Smith Mile
- The Bus creditable 4th to Ignatius
- Trev Vite posts smart rate at Bathurst
- Whittaker likely to suit USA racing
- Marlborough team all on the market
- French Flair at Penrith
- Delightful Memphis USA bound
- Blueblood filly gets job done at Oamaru
- New recruits to join Sydney stable
- A-team head to Melbourne